Can we admit that glitter is an official color? I mean, for me its one of my favorite colors. Sprinkles of sparkle add that certain something special that my heart just goes crazy for. When we we came up with this DIY glitter wall, my heart nearly busted!
Now, before you ask, “Do you really need a wall of glitter?” Yes, yes I definitely need an entire glitter wall. First, It would be the perfect backdrop to just about anything and all the decoration party would need. Plus, would wouldn’t wake up in a good mood every time those eyes opened and all you saw was sparkle?
But there is one roadblock that I always hit when it comes to glitter decor. Once you go glitter can you really ever go back? I think I have the perfect solution!
Here is how you create a DIY glitter wall
A few supplies you will need are:
- Paint (I like to match as close to the glitter color as possible)
- Large pice of wood
- Spray adhesive glue
- You will need to cut a piece of wood that fits the space that you are wanting to cover. If its a large wall, you might need to use a couple different pieces. Once you get the wood covered in glitter and placed on the wall, you will hardly see the seams.
- Paint you wood and let dry completely. Again, I would find a paint that matches the glitter color as close as possible.
- Once the the paint has dried, grab your spray adhesive and spray away friends! Make sure not to over spray, just give the board a nice even coat of spray adhesive.
- Sprinkle your glitter. Then dust off access.
- Use screws to mount to you wall. Then girl, you got yourself a glitter wall!
A few of my favorite glitter projects!
Now if a DIY glitter wall isn’t enough, here are a few more of my favorites!
So, have I sold you on glitter yet? Let us know in the comments what wall you will be glittering!
Gorgeous work by photographer Aaron Ruell.