Since it’s almost Halloween a sparkling spider cocktail seems just about the right thing to serve! I am gushing over this idea and I served it at a dinner party the other night and everyone was equally as grossed out and they were impressed. :) That is definitely a Halloween planning win.
The sparkling spider cocktail can be fun to set around the table, top sweets with, and place into drinks… but I think the most fun idea is to freeze them to make spider ball ice cubes!
A few more spooky spider projects
Sparkling Spider Cocktail
To make this fun sparkling spider cocktail you will need:
- Small toy spiders
- Food safe spray (or food coloring)
- Edible glitter
- Ice cube maker – we love these big ball ones
- Sparkling cocktail ingredients (Ours is LaCroix, Brandy and Bitters, my new favorite fall cocktail)
1. Paint the spiders with the food spray paint and sprinkle food safe glitter on them, this way they can safely go into your spider cocktail. Allow them to fully dry before using. If you want to make this without buying the food spray, soak the spiders in food coloring for a painting option.
2. Freeze the spiders into ice cube makers and use for sparkling cocktails filled with fun! Just be sure guests know while safe to touch the drinks they are not in fact edible.
Take a sip of your sparkling spider cocktail and toast to a creepy crawling Halloween!
PS. A different way to glitter an ice cube.