Inside: Easy to Make Balloon Garland.
Two Words: Balloon. Garland. Need I say more? Okay, so I am going to be totally honest when I say that we have never really ventured into the magical world of balloon garlands. I love a great balloon accent at any party, like these galaxy balloons, but garlands always kind of intimidated me.
But, I have always loved the look of them, so I decide “What the heck, why not?!” and that is how our new obsession with balloon garlands has started!
The Wonderful World of Balloon Garlands
Let me just say this poppin’ DIY balloon garland was SO EASY! Trust me I am not just saying that. The hardest part was blowing up all these cute balloons, but give a fun cocktail and a good episode of the bachelorette and before I knew it I had 80 balloons bouncing across my living room.
I have already planned every birthday bash, baby shower, welcome home, and just because reason to make a festive balloon garland.
There are a lot of complicated tutorials you can find for making balloon garlands, but this is by far the easiest way to make one, guaranteed.
How to Make a Balloon Garland
What you need:
- Balloons – Make sure to get different sizes
- Clear Tread – I like to pick mine up from the jewelry department!
- A Needle
- Stick on Hooks
Like I said before these DIY balloon garlands are SO EASY!
- First, you need to blow up your balloon. I like using different sizes to create a fun look.
- Then grab your needle and clear thread and string the balloons throw their tail. Make sure you don’t get too close the knot, because POP!
- Push each balloon to the end of the line. – You can adjust their exact placement later. Make sure to alternate colors and sizes during this step.
- Now pick your spot you want to hang, and add 2-3 clear stick-on hooks to hold your balloon garland.
- Loop the garland across those hooks. Once it is secure twist and arrange the balloons to create total balloon perfection.
A Few Helpful Tips
Here are a few helpful tips I learned while making this easy balloon garland.
- Don’t over-inflate your balloon, You want them to be able to squish together and not see a bunch of holes.
- Leave a tail at the end of your line for adjusting. Trust me. You don’t want things to get too tight.
- Wipe down your balloon with a dryer sheet to avoid static. Trust me it works.
More Balloon Fun
Like I said before I love a good balloon moment, and now I am more excited than ever to add balloon garlands to my rotation! Here are a few more of my top favorite balloon decorations!
- Embroidered Balloons
- I love this mini lemon balloon cake topper!
- Sick Day Balloons – Because not every day is a celebration, but you still deserve some fun!
I can’t wait to show off my new balloon garland party decoration! Let us know what you’re celebrating with yours!
Try this fun rainbow paper chain garland, perfect for a summer picnic!
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)