This Unicorn cake post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Rolls. All comments and opinions are my own.
A unicorn cake for every little girl’s best birthday dream life. We created this adorable miniature unicorn cake with no baking necessary! It’s all the cuteness minus the work. Crafted with Welch’s Fruit Rolls and the sweetest details imaginable. Let us show you (in video too!) how to make a unicorn cake that will blow all your visions of hard-to-make cakes to pieces. Our version of these colorful DIY unicorn cakes comes together in no time and will thrill all the magical rainbow unicorn lovers in your life.
Unicorn cakes don’t have to be hard to make! Click play above and watch our step by step guide on how to make a Unicorn Cake to see how simple these miniature beauties can be to create.
How To Make A Unicorn Cake
To make a unicorn cake in 5 easy steps you will need:
- Welch’s fruit rolls
- Mini cakes (we used mini round pound cakes)
- Icing (2 colors for cake and for unicorn hair)
- Piping icing tube (2 colors; we used black and white)
- Paper (in color of cake frosting)
- Sprinkles/edible glitter
I promised a Unicorn Cake in 5 easy steps, so let’s jump in with the unicorn horn!
Making a unicorn horn is the first step in how to make a unicorn cake.
1. Unwrap and unroll the Welch’s Fruit Rolls and cut 5” pieces. Lay 3 pieces side-by-side with a little bit of overlap. Starting at one corner, roll into a cone shape. Cut the base of the just-made unicorn horn at the cone length you want.
Welch’s Fruit Rolls are my go-to snack for after school and all the fun birthday activities. With fruit being the first ingredient and having 100% daily value of Vitamin C and 25% daily value of Vitamins A & E, these fun rolls are not only perfect for making unicorn horns and making my cakes taste great, but they are a great snacking option for everyone to enjoy. You can find them at Walmart, Safeway, and many other local retailers.
Step 2 in our 5 step process to make unicorn cakes is to create the sets of unicorn ears:
2. Draw two ears (as shown) and cut out. Pinch the bottom corners of the flat edge together to form a small crease. Using hot glue add a small dot at the center of the flat edge. Pinch the corners together again and let the glue dry.
Bam! Unicorn horn and ears are done.
DIY Unicorn Cake
Now the final 3 steps for how to make a unicorn cake will put the whole thing together. No baking needed and instant cuteness for everyone involved.
How to construct a DIY unicorn cake:
3. Step three is to stack and ice the cake!
Stack three mini cakes with icing in between each layer. Ice cake. Use the second icing color to make the unicorn’s hair. Pull some icing down from the top to make a bang swoop. Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
4. Now place all the pieces together. Insert the Welch’s Fruit Roll horn into the hair icing. Insert the paper ears beside the Welch’s Fruit Roll horn.
5. Step five is to finish with the details! Draw in unicorn cake eyes using the black piping. Draw two upside down arches with small eyelashes coming out from the side. Then, using the white piping icing add some hair lines to the bangs.
And there you have it! Unicorn Cakes that look as sweet as they taste, without baking, in 5 easy steps! Who knew birthday cuteness could be so easy!
This post is done in partnership with Welch’s Fruit Rolls. “Unroll the Fun” with this delicious, fun to eat format!
PS. Finish off this diy unicorn cake party fun with unicorn toast, our famous unicorn piñata, unicorn party garland, and teach everyone at the party how to make a unicorn horn for a very sweet birthday.