With school starting back up and our sports seasons picking up again, I am sadly turning in my beach bag and my travel bag to pick up my soccer mom bag again.
The change from summer season to back to school season has the starkest contrast – I go from goggles and pool floats to homework and sports every day.
The back to school season also means the start of fall allergy season. It seems like my kids tend to be allergic to everything in the fall, and there’s no getting away from sliding around on the grass when you need to score the winning goal. For this reason, we turn to Children’s Allegra which gives us long-lasting, non-drowsy, effective, 12 hour, indoor/outdoor allergy relief out on the sports fields when we need it most.
It relieves sneezing, runny noses and itchy eyes while we are out and while we run home to snuggle those chickens in the precious few minutes between school time and the game.
So, this week, I updated my bag to adjust and thought it would be fun to share what I keep on hand in my soccer-mom bag.
First of all, let’s talk about the bag…
A couple years ago, I received a large leather clutch that is too big for me to actually clutch. ;) Instead I fill it with all our necessities for sports, errands, the beach and whatever else the day calls for and I stash it in my larger purse.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Star stickers because every kid wants to get a gold star at the end of the game! Bring these when you are on snack duty and watch the kids’ faces light up.
- Children’s Allegra to keep pregame allergy flare ups at bay.
- Nail clippers originally for the kids, but honestly the entire family uses them often. There’s nothing worse than getting a chipped nail while you’re out playing and not be able to fix it.
- Yarn for finger knitting projects as we sit on the sidelines.
- Oranges for quick spurts of energy when needed.
- Large bows to cover up those “shoot we forgot to brush your hair” moments! I know I cannot be the only one who does this on a regular basis.
- Chalk to keep little hands busy on the sidelines. It is also really fun to write team related sayings for the boys to see as they leave the field.
- Candles because every game winning ice cream sundae is more special with a candle stuck in it! We always carry them around just in case the opportunity presents itself.
Sometimes we bring the chickens with us as well, because nothing is better on the sidelines than a sister holding a chicken and cheering for you.
If you don’t have candles, chalk or allergy medicine, I suggest a quick bag update. It will serve you well for the season ahead!