1. In a large saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until dissolved.
2. Turn off the heat and add cranberries, tossing to coat in syrup completely.
3. Allow the cranberries to sit in the syrup for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack, allowing them to dry for 20 - 30 minutes.
4. Pour sugar in a shallow dish and roll the cranberries in the sugar to coat completely. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and allow to dry completely.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.