Inside: Yummy Little Lemon Cake Recipe
Since lemon is so popular in the summer we decided it’s the perfect time to share one of our favorite lemon cake recipes! This cake is so moist and delicious! It’s probably my all-time favorite cake recipe. Plus, it’s just an amped-up cake mix which makes baking SUPER EASY! I’m serious, it’s so easy and makes the perfect summer dessert!
Read Article: The Best Mothers Day Ideas
These little lemon cakes are just a simple boxed cake mix that has been amped up a bit. Just by adding a few extra simple ingredients you have the best, most moist, and delicious cake ever.
How to Make Lemon Cake
Before we jump right into this lemon cake recipe let me share a few baking tips and tricks I swear by!
- This particular recipe just gets better in time. Once you bake your cake you can serve right away, but I found that if you bake them the night before and seal them in an airtight container they just get SO MUCH BETTER! They are so moist and yummy, promise!
- Make sure to bake with room temperature sour cream and eggs. I swear by this. Also when you are making your cream cheese frosting make sure your butter and cream cheese is room temp!
- Grease your pan before scooping in batter! Also, side note using an ice cream scoop to scoop out your batter is the best!
- We used this awesome little loaf pan! It’s perfect and a great non-stick pan!
Little Lemon Cake Recipe
Okay, now for the good part! Here is our favorite lemon cake recipe!
- 1 box (16-18 oz) lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg (3 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 8oz Cube of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
Here is how to make this lemon cake recipe!
- Prepare cake pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- TO MAKE THE CAKE: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined and mixed together. Divide batter evenly among mini loaf sections. Bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a handheld blender, or bowl of a stand mixer, on low speed until mixed together. Gradually increase speed to high and blend for 4-6 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Refrigerate until use or pipe right away!
More Great Summer Recipes
If you love this super yummy lemon cake recipe for summer then you will defiantly enjoy these other great recipes!
- Citrus Frose – Making summer Frose had become something of an annual opening of the summer season in our house. It is the most refreshing option I find for a balmy summer day & easy as cake to whip up for a crowd. We updated the frozen rose idea by adding our own variation of citrus sweet to the summertime favorite to create a Citrus Frose Recipe that is the only drink required for all your summer gatherings.
- Summer Smash Cocktail – Have you tried a smash yet? It’s a category of cocktail that involves really simple ingredients: spirits, sparkling water, and seasonal fruit. A perfectly refreshing way to end a hot summer day. Smashes have quickly become my go-to summer drink of choice, I’ve been trying them over the past couple months with all types of ingredients.
- Summer Berry Pavlova – Making a gorgeous Pavlova stack is a great way to end a seasonal meal with friends. A light, fluffy meringue mixed with scrumptious summer berries makes for a dessert guests will absolutely adore. August is my favorite time for making this sweet – since berries are at their peak harvest, and I don’t need to turn on my oven during the hottest month of the year.
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough – Are you guilty of sneaking in a little taste of cookie dough before you bake batch? No judgment here, I sneak ALOT more than just a little taste. See my favorite edible sugar cookie dough recipe and I promise you will want to eat it by the spoonful!
I hope you enjoy these yummy little lemon cakes, they will pair perfectly with your next summer cookout!
PS: What better combo to a yummy summer recipe than some colorful plates to eat off of! See how we made these DIY Marble Plates in a few easy steps!
(Photos and Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)