Crème Cakes have a wonderful nostalgic taste to me. I remember the treats as a kid, but as a parent they aren’t the first treat I would reach for. They just seem so wildly unhealthy, even for a treat.
I’ve partnered with Otis Spunkmeyer to try out their new line of sweet treats made with “no-funky” stuff. They’ve made a version I love! It’s the sweet taste of a Crème Cake without all the added junk. Since the Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes taste so great I figured combining them for a huge birthday cake would taste even better.
I love it when I’m right! ;)
This birthday cake is one of the best tasting cakes we’ve ever made. Topped in a bright frosting and sprinkles, the cake is super easy to make and will make any kid’s birthday wish come true. Plus you don’t even need to serve it with a knife or forks – awesome for quickly pleasing a hungry birthday party crowd.
Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cake Birthday Cake
To make the Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cake birthday cake you will need:
- About 30 Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes
- Colorful frosting and sprinkles
- Floral foam in cylinder shape
- Parchment paper
1.To make the bottom layers of our cake extra wide we covered a cylinder shape of floral foam in parchment paper and placed it in the center of the cake stand. This can easily be substituted for more of the Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Crème Cakes if a larger number is needed to serve the gathering.
2. Place a toothpick in the backside of each Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cake and poke the other end into the covered cylinder. Go all around the cake doing this, then again for the second layer.
3. For the top two layers place toothpicks 2 per cake towards the sides and poke them through the cake next door.
4. Drip the entire cake in fun frosting, sprinkles and candles.
Happy Birthday never looked so good!
This post is done in partnership with Otis Spunkmeyer. Thanks for supporting the summer blog partners that keep the daily crafts and recipes coming.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).