Inside: A colorful and fun DIY message board
A colorful DIY message board is a fun way to make that happen. Hung in the kitchen, dining room, or in a playroom, the colorful wall of letters will be a fun place to arrange, rearrange, and arrange letters again. I love adding fun pops of color and creativity in my home, see our home tour here for more inspiration!
When Ace Hardware challenged us to use today’s color of the day, Marmalade Magic, to make a large-scale piece for the house we jumped at the chance to make this pretty message board for the new house. It’s been a serious hit so far.
A Colorful DIY Message Board
To make the colorful message board you will need:
- Length of bead board to match the current width and height of a wall
- About 15 squared off dowels (find these in the lumber section by the trim and moldings)
- Paint – our pretty color is called Marmalade Magic
- Hammer + Nails
- The first step is to get everything painted. We painted just the front of our dowels because I liked the exposed look of the wood for detail. We painted the DIY message board and each dowel separately. Ace’s Valspar Aspire paint + primer had great coverage. We only needed one quick coat of the paint since it includes primer to get this deep and pretty hue on the boards. Once painted let everything dry overnight.
2. Once the paint is dry, space out the wooden dowels on the message board and nail into place. One bonus for using the board as the backdrop for this project is the level lines that are already included. Follow along those for correct placement.
3. Slide in and out the stencils and have fun! We purchased 3 packs of matching stencils just to make sure we’d have enough letters for all the crazy sentences we would be dreaming up on your cool DIY message board!
Why I love this DIY message board!
I really love the pop of color this pretty hue gives an otherwise lonely wall. Make your own DIY message board with any of Ace’s fun colors of the day, which are being revealed throughout the month of March. Visit www.thepaintstudio.com to enter the 31 Days of Color sweepstakes for the chance to win* a $10,000 paint makeover and daily gift cards.
* No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Open to legal US residents residing in the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age and who are homeowners. Sweepstakes will run from 3/1/16-3/31/16. Full rules located here.
Another day, another color to inspire your home projects. Every day in March, Ace is unveiling a featured color and giving you a chance to win a $10,000 room makeover! To learn more visit thepaintstudio.com.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).