This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareACokeHuddleUp #CollectiveBias
It’s college football season which means tailgate season is in full force around here. Since we don’t live in our hometown and our friends love so many different teams – we decided to set up a tailgate party at home to watch the best games of the week together. We all cheer for each others team and with Coca-Cola® Share a Coke and our favorite team bottles, we can be supportive even in our tailgate party sips.
All that’s needed is a big bowl of meat and laying out the fixings which you can chop and prep a day beforehand. We love fresh buckets of cilantro, onions and peppers to complement our meat in a street taco style meal.
And of course the cutest little taco cozies make every tailgate party better. We crafted these from a fun product found at Walmart. I was so happy to find that they have the best football party gear right in the front, standing ready bring our tailgating at home DIY bar up a notch.
A taco is great…
A taco in a game time cozy though is 100% my favorite!
To make this fun and festive backdrop you will need:
- 1 roll streamer in green for the field or your favorite team’s color
- 1 strand of pom pom garland found at Walmart
- 1 wooden dowel with string for hanging
I’m telling you this is possibly the easiest party backdrop ever! Which gives you even more time to enjoy your guests and root for your favorite team.
To create the garland first gather your supplies.
1. Lay the dowel out and begin wrapping the streamers around the dowel leaving enough space underneath to cover your wall. Ours hung about 3 feet off the table, but however much wall you want to cover you can make happen here.
2. Continue rolling out the streamers until the entire dowel is filled and your tailgating at home table has a vibrant backdrop.
3. Lastly wrap the pom pom garland, flags for your favorite team, or whatever you think is most festive along the garland on the wooden dowel.
Tailgating at home party prep done in no time!
Pom Pom drink stirs
And use the extra pom poms from your garland to create fun pom pom drink toppers for your Coca-Cola® bottles. They look wildly festive and are the perfect way to harness your inner cheerleader for the game time win!
To do this, simply hot glue the pom poms onto straws for a Coca-Cola® with all the cheering power behind it.
Walmart makes it easy to shop for, and stock up on, the things we need for our tailgating parties at home this fall football season. Coca-Cola® and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar Share a Coke team bottles and new name bottles are perfect to pick up at Walmart (right in the front of the store) for football watch parties. Get those tacos going and Share a Coke with your favorite team this season. Happy football cheering!
P.S. Flag football inspiration for half time!