Does your cake speak emoji? It definitely should. This emoji party cake is an explosion of digital expressions brought to life. It has ALL THE FEELINGS and would be a hoot for a birthday or any type of party. Whether you are throwing a full on emoji party (wouldn’t that be a blast!?!), or just wanting a cake to stand out in the crowd this emoji cake will satisfy it all.
It would be awesome to do all the emoji love faces for a bridal shower. All the happy faces for a birthday. You could even make it work for a get-well (or sorry you broke up with your boyfriend) cake by using the sad faces. The options are a limitless as our expressions!
To make the expressive emoji party cake you will need;
- Wooden Discs
- Foam Paint Brush
- Small Detail Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Skewers
- Craft Paint in the Colors of Emojis (this cake uses Martha Stewart Brand in Wedding Cake White, Camellia Pink, Sycamore Bark Brown, Chamomile Yellow and Beetle Black)
- Emoji Reference (AKA Instagram) and while your there don’t forget to follow me @asubtlerevelry
- A Pretty Cake
- Start by painting each of the wooden disks yellow using the foam paint brush – this is the obvious emoji base for every face.
- Next paint the faces of the desired emojis using the detailed paintbrush. Open up Instagram and pick your favorites.
- Hot glue the back of the emojis to wooden skewers.
- Stick “your feelings” in the cake 😊 VIOLA! You have a cake for all the party moods you’ll need.
What expressions would you put on your cake?
Serve the emoji party cake alongside a smile and prepare for the crazy giggles that will ensue. I really love serving party cakes that are both beautiful and fun. This is the best of both worlds and the cake will bring a festive dose of youthful revelry everywhere it goes.
If a full on emoji party is what you are after here are a few other great emoji party ideas:
- Play pin the face on the emoji and see who can create a great looking emoji blindfolded.
- Use this emoji cheat sheet to create your own emoji party invitations.
- Emoji balloons (obviously necessary!).
- Make an emoji piñata, or use the idea to wrap up a gift.
- Send party guests home with these cute emoji clutches as party favors
(Project design and photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Brie Zacher).