Inside: A Super Delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.
There are few things that go together perfectly in this world, like peanut butter & jelly, mac & cheese, gin & fizz (trust us on this one), and chocolate & mint. This mint chocolate chip cookie cake is the perfect combination of flavor and fun. With its layers of ooey-gooey goodness mashed together with sweet minty icing, all you need now is a tall glass of milk!
Mint & Chocolate Chip, YUM!
I love a good chocolate and mint combo, clearly like this mint inspired float! This mint chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is stacked full flavor and a ton of fun! Suprise all your guest with this tall twist on a traditional cookie cake!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
This recipe is one that will be used over and over again, so you mid-as-well just print it now! It is delicious for celebrating birthdays and any day really.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”9hTxcmZI” upload-date=”2019-08-20T18:02:44.000Z” name=”Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake” description=”Mint chocolate chip cookie cake recipe”]
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Mint Chocolate Chip cookie cake that is gooey, delicious and perfect for celebrating anytime.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour stir, spoon & level
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) room temparature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie trays with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix completely. Scrape bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix completely. The dough will be thick.
Add in chocolate chips and mix.
Next, use measure out about a 6in round circle and form dough evenly to fit.
Bake each cookie at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
To your stand mixer add the powdered sugar, butter and mint extract on medium speed until light and fluffy then add in the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting can be spread easily with a spatula.
Add in the color until it reaches the color green you like one drop at a time while on medium speed.
Tips & Tricks to Making the Perfect Cookie Cake
This mint chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is SUPER easy to follow, but here are a few tips and tricks to get the perfect minty dessert every time!
- One way to make sure all your ooey-gooey cookie layers stay relatively the same size is to use about 3/4 cup worth of dough for each cookie. As well as drawing yourself a 6in round guide to spread your cookie into. This helps a TON!
- Like every cake stacking, make sure your layers are NICE & COOL before you begin stacking. Cookie layers don’t hold quite as well as a cake layer when transferring on top of each other. So make sure to take it slow and use a spatula for extra support!
- Let your icing cool for about 30 minutes to an hour before spreading on. You want your icing to be able to hold the weight of your cookie. So if you stick it in the fridge for a bit it will help hold its shape and keep that mint chocolate chip cookie cake stacked tall and pretty!
We hope you love the sweet mint chocolate chip cookie cake as much as us! Check out this other yummy cake recipe, it’s bananas!
PS: Are you guilty of sneaking in a little taste of cookie dough before you bake batch? No judgment here, I sneak ALOT more than just a little taste. See my favorite edible sugar cookie dough recipe and I promise you will want to eat it by the spoonful!
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)