There’s nothing I love more than a good tasting pie that speaks to me! It’s been a long standing tradition to create pies with words every November (see typography pie, stamped pie crust, and 4 Thanksgiving party tips) and this year is no different. Taking inspiration from our favorite flair pins these pie pins have an added sassy & fun spunk to them. A great idea to get the conversation going (see what I did there ;) around the Thanksgiving table.
Flair Pin Pies
To create these flair pin pies you will need:
- Your favorite pie recipe (here are 25 ways to make a pie!)
- Extra pie crust for creating the words
- Alphabet letter cookie cutters
- Food dye
1. Roll out the extra pie crust and cut the letters into words for a fun flair like pie topping.
2. Bake the pies first according to your favorite pie recipe. Then bake the letters on a parchment covered baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
3. Dip each letter into food coloring or paint it on with a brush. Place the letters on top of the pies once they’ve cooled.
I love the fun these flair pin pies bring to the after turkey dinner scene. They are sure to give even the most straight faced family and friends a hearty giggle while they eat.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).