There’s nothing I love more than a good tasting pie that speaks to me! It’s been a long standing tradition to create pies with words every November (see here, here and here) and this year is no different. Taking inspiration from our favorite flair pins these pie pins have an added sassy & fun spunk to them. A great idea to get the conversation going (see what I did there ;) around the Thanksgiving table.
Flair Pin Pies
To create these flair pin pies you will need:
- Your favorite pie recipe (here are some of mine!)
- Extra pie crust for creating the words
- Alphabet letter cookie cutters
- Food dye
1. Roll out the extra pie crust and cut the letters into words for a fun flair like pie topping.
2. Bake the pies first according to your favorite pie recipe. Then bake the letters on a parchment covered baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
3. Dip each letter into food coloring or paint it on with a brush. Place the letters on top of the pies once they’ve cooled.
I love the fun these flair pin pies bring to the after turkey dinner scene. They are sure to give even the most straight faced family and friends a hearty giggle while they eat.
PS. An archive of pies.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).