Inside: Colorful Rainbow Waffles Recipe
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we couldn’t agree more! Start your day off with a burst of color and a whole lot of fun with these colorful yummy rainbow waffles! You are guaranteed to have a perfect day when you start your day off with these!
How to Make Rainbow Waffles
These rainbow waffles are so easy to make the kids will LOVE helping you with breakfast time!
Let us show you how to make these fun breakfast treats with just a few simples steps!
Supplies You’ll Need
There area just a few supplies you will need:
- Waffle Mix – You can use your favorite or buy the boxed kind. Both work magically!
- Food Coloring
- Whip Cream
How to Make Rainbow Waffles
- First, you want to make your batter just like normal.
- Then separate the batter into different bowls.
3. Add your food coloring and mix it together.
4. We then transferred our batter to piping bags. We found that this was easier for little hands and to get the cool rainbow effect.
5. Bake waffles just like normal and serve with a few dollops of whip cream and some fun sprinkles!
Kids Love Making Rainbow Waffles
Like I said before this Rainbow Waffle recipe is so much fun to make with the kids. See how much fun our friends Raven and Ziya made their own versions of this yummy recipe! They looked like they had SO MUCH FUN! Our mouths were watering just watching them make this yummy colorful breakfast!
If you love all things home, family, Mom life, and more then you will love our friend Raven Elyse!
A Few Tips and Tricks for Making Rainbow Waffles
Like I said before this recipe is super easy to make and you can really take any twist you want with it. But while we were making ours we came up with a few helpful tips and tricks that you might like to know!
- Put your colored batter into piping bags. We learned this really helps the process and if you have little hands helping you it makes for a much less messy process!
- Start in the middle. I know this sounds crazy but our rainbow patterned worked so much better when we put the center batter in first!
- Top with whip cream, sprinkles, powdered sugar, syrup or fruit for a next level delicious breakfast!
More DIY Recipes You’ll Love
If you like these rainbow waffles then you will love these other great DIY recipes!
- Edible Cookie Dough – Are you guilty of sneaking in a little taste of cookie dough before you bake batch? No judgment here, I sneak ALOT more than just a little taste. Shoot in my opinion some cookie dough is better than the actual cookies! Since it’s so great why not make it the main dessert? See my favorite edible sugar cookie dough recipe and I promise you will want to eat it by the spoonful!
- Colorful Confetti Popcorn – It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized how amazing it can be to add things to your popcorn. Adding peppermint gives it a refreshing zing. Dipping it in chocolate makes for an unforgettable sweet. I’ve been putting in chocolate chips for the last few years, and now this summer… we’ve begun adding sprinkles to our popcorn!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – There are few things that go together perfectly in this world, like peanut butter & jelly, mac & cheese, gin & fizz (trust us on this one), and chocolate & mint. This mint chocolate chip cookie cake is the perfect combination of flavor and fun. With its layers of ooey-gooey goodness mashed together with sweet minty icing, all you need now is a tall glass of milk!
(Photos @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)