Inside: The sweetest lemon cheesecake recipe
There are some occasions that will only be celebrated with the best. When you are ready for the best… Lemon Currant Cheesecake is it! The rich taste of the cheesecake along with the sweet taste of fruit will delight every cake lover and the joy of a cheesecake is that it doesn’t need to be baked so make this beauty at any time of the year… even in the heat of summer. No oven required.
There is no such thing as too much cheesecake
Here are a few other cheesecake recipes I love:
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
LEMON CURRANT CHEESECAKE
- 2 packages 20 sheets graham crackers
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 8- oz packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice + additional tablespoon for tossing currants
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Put graham crackers in a large resalable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add melted butter, and stir until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan, spreading it 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes, or overnight in the fridge.
- Make the filling. Using an electric mixer (or stand mixer with paddle attachment) beat the cream cheese in a large bowl at medium high speed until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- For the red currants; toss them in lemon juice and 2 tbsp brown sugar then roast at 300 degrees for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- You’re ready to fill your pan with cheesecake filling. Smooth the top as much as possible, using an offset spatula, small rubber spatula, or the back of a spoon. Then sprinkle on the roasted currents and press in where needed. Allow the juice to flow as well over the cheesecake for extra sweetness.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
(Cheesecake photography ©Lea Csontos/Stocksy United).