Inside: DIY Rainbow Grad Tassels
Graduation season is upon us, which for some of you means a whole new beginning! How exciting! I remember graduation like it was yesterday, college applications, summer plans and walking across that stage were the only things I was thinking about. Graduation was the icing on the longest baking cake ever!
For my high school, we were allowed to decorate our grad caps any way we wanted. So of course for me that a lot of colors and maybe a little glitter! Which is where I pulled my inspiration for these adorable DIY rainbow grad tassels. They are full of color and perfect for any graduation celebration. Check out a few more of my favorite graduation celebration ideas & these graduation balloons which are just as sweet for kindergarten as they are for college.
DIY Mini Rainbow Grad Tassels
For these DIY grad tassels you will need:
- 2×2 inch square piece of black card stock
- 1×5 inch strip of black card stock
- Rainbow colored floss, 4 inches long
- A small hole punch
- Hot Glue
How To Make These DIY Grad Tassels
These rainbow grad tassels are super easy to make and make the best graduation party decorations!
1. Cut out your 2×2 inch square and your 1×5 inch strip from black card stock.
2. Next, use your rainbow colored floss to create a tassel. See a fun tassel tutorial here!
3. Make sure to leave a long enough strand on your tassel to connect to the top of the grad cap.
4. Use your small hole punch, or scissors to make a small hole in the middle of your 2×2 inch square.
5. Thread your tassel through the hole and secure it with your tape!
Then, grab your strip of paper and using your tape create a circle, this will be the base of the grad cap.
Secure the base to the square using hot glue. The pop those fun rainbow grad tassel caps on to some fun colored bottles and celebrate your big day!
A Few More Fun Rainbow Decoration Ideas
Here are a few more of my favorite rainbow decoration ideas that will go perfectly with your rainbow grad tassels!
There are so many things to celebrate during the graduation season. So celebrate in style with these fun grad tassels! They would also be so fun to make a larger size for your actual graduation cap. Let us know in the comments what your after graduation plans are.
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)