This post was sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own.
We have been having so much fun with all the different creations that can be made with the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe. Since I love to gift cookies this time of year, creating a mix-in of fruity pomegranate seeds is a great way to give a version of the traditional fruitcake, but in cookie form. Which is infinitely better any day.
The recipe couldn’t be simpler, it’s the same base as our sprinkle cookie recipe just with different mix-ins. In fact you could make batches of these cookies with all the mix-ins imaginable and gift them as sampler packs to all the sweet treat lovers on your list. From chocolate chips to fruit filled treats… Make It Yours™ and then gift it out this year!
Make It Yours™ Pomegranate Fruit Cookies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cookie Time 12 minutes
Makes approximately 4 dozen
To make a batch of the Pomegranate Fruit Cookies with our holiday favorite Country Crock® Make It Yours Cookie Recipe you will need:
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 to 2 cup pomegranate seeds, cranberries or other toss in fruits
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
3. Add fruity seed mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough is it’s own little fruitcake.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
5. Once cooled box up cookies together to check off everyone on your list!
For more mix-in inspiration visit CountryCrock.com.
Join the conversation online using #MakeItYours on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
This post is done in partnership with Country Crock® spreads that deliver delicious country fresh taste made from ingredients you can pronounce. It’s about simple goodness the whole family will enjoy.
(Video ©A Subtle Revelry produced by Mabble Media, Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Ashlyn Savannah Photo).