Inside: A fun rainbow paper chain garland, perfect for a summer picnic!
Okay, so I have always loved this simple DIY! Most of us remember a traditional paper chain from school, we always used them as a countdown for a break like Christmas break or summer! But now that the kids are out of school for the summer and the world is a little wacky I thought it would be fun to add a little color back into life with this super fun rainbow paper chain garland!
What I love about Paper Chain Garlands!
There are so many reasons I love making these paper chain garlands. First, they are SO easy to make. All the kiddos can help make this DIY, no matter their age. I also love how that brighten up any space to make it a little more fun. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use a paper chain garland!
- Countdown: The most traditional way, and the way we know them best is counting down to a big event!
- Party: Decorating for a party is another great way to use this colorful garland. You can string it across a mantel, hand in a doorway, or drape with the balloons!
- Tailgate Party: We decorated the back of our car with this fun garland to spruce up our picnic! It was a fun way to get outside, enjoy the fresh air, and let the kiddos have a little fun!
How to Make a Paper Chain Garland
Like I said before, with the world a little wacky, finding a little piece of fun can be such a gem! That is why we decided to create our own little rainbow fun with this paper chain garland! These instructions couldn’t be any simpler but let me tell you how!
- Colorful Paper
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
- Double-Sided Tape
- Start by cutting strips of papers. I used 2in strips but you can literally do any width.
- Make your first chain by using your double-sided tape to connect each end.
- Add another link by feeding your strip through the completed chain and repeating the step of taping the ends together.
- Repeat this till you get your desired length of paper chain garland!
Creating a Fun Tailgate Picnic
As you can see we created a fun tailgate picnic with our paper chain garland! It was such a great way to get outside and have a little fun together. Because we had so much fun, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things for a tailgate picnic!
- First, you will want to pack the back of our car full of comfy blankets and pillows! The more the better!
- Snacks. Snacks. Snacks. We popped some popcorn and grabbed a few cupcakes and had a delicious time!
- Add a little fun! We added our little bit of fun with the cute paper chain garland! When attaching to our car we used these super handy clips and they worked PERFECTLY!
More Fun DIYs You’ll Enjoy
- Little Lemon Cakes – Since lemon is so popular in the summer we decided it’s the perfect time to share one of our favorite lemon cake recipes! This cake is so moist and delicious! It’s probably my all-time favorite cake recipe. Plus, it’s just an amped-up cake mix which makes baking SUPER EASY! I’m serious, it’s so easy and makes the perfect summer dessert!
- Ice Dyeing: Summertime is the best time for making fun DIY tie-dying projects. This super easy and totally cool ice tie-dye DIY not only makes the coolest dyeing effect, but it requires the warm summer sun.
- DIY Pinata Chips & Guacamole: These crisp piñata chips are perfect for your next Cinco de Mayo fiesta. I love how mini they are, which is perfect for making personalized DIY Pinatas for all your fiesta guests! See how we made them!
- DIY Marble Plates: What better combo to a yummy recipe than some colorful plates to eat off of! See how we made these DIY Marble Plates in a few easy steps!
So grab the kids and some colorful paper and have a blast making these paper chain garlands!
(Photos and Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)