Inside: The cutest Piñata costume for you and your furry friend.
It’s the season of sugary treats, spooky parties, and some super cute costumes! I love a good festive party costume like these 17 DIY couples costumes or these adorable DIY costumes for kids. I REALLY love a matching costume duo.
The best duo I could think of is my loyal furry friend, so we came up with the perfect ones, these cute DIY Piñata costumes!
Read Article: Fun Paper Bag Costume Ideas
The Perfect Piñata Costume for You and Your Furry Friend
There is something so fun about matching costumes, and something even more fun about matching your best four-legged friend! These DIY Piñata costumes are the best and most colorful and fun Halloween costume DIY, plus it’s so easy ANYONE could make it.
How to Make a Piñata Costume
There are only a couple simple supplies and a few easy steps that you need to make this DIY piñata costume.
- Felt – Various Pinata Colors
- Hot Glue
- Foam Cone
- First, you want to start by cutting 2.5-inch strips of your sheet of felt. Make sure to cut lengthways for maximum coverage. Trust me it saves time.
- Next cut 0.5-inch to 1.0-inch slits halfway up into the felt strips. To create a fun fringe look.
- Take your shirt and layout each strip and apply a thin layer of hot glue to attach to the shirt.
- To make the horns, use the same concept by wrapping each fringe layer around the cone. Use hot-glue to secure them to the foam cone.
- Secure the horns to a headband to make the perfect pinata costume topper.
A Few Tricks to Creating a Pinata Costume
- When making your dogs costume, sizing can be difficult. Lucky for us, this pooch is a big fella so he fit into a human shirt. But I recommend using a shirt made for dogs. I would also say it would be a good idea to size up. When you apply the strips to hot glue it doesn’t allow the shirt to stretch any longer, making fitting your pooch into the outfit a little more difficult.
- For your pinata costume, I would suggest just doing applying your fringe strips to the front of your costume. This helps it not feel so stiff and boxy.
- If you don’t want to use hot glue, iron-on tape to attach your fringe strips.
More Fun Halloween DIY’s
This Pinata DIY costume is so fun and the perfect Halloween DIY, here are a few more of our favorite DIY’s for the season.
- These not so scary cakes are a great mix of spooky and spectacular.
- Fun Nail Polish Marble Pumpkins.
- A Yummy Pumpkin Crumble Recipe.
You can make them some super cute and totally stylish DIY Dog Collars too! Now it’s time to trick-or-treat with you and your pup!
(Photos & Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray).