Inside: The cutest Piñata costume for you and your furry friend.
It’s the season of sugary treats, spooky parties, and some super cute costumes! I love a good festive party costume like these 17 DIY couples costumes or these adorable DIY costumes for kids. I REALLY love a matching costume duo.
The best duo I could think of is my loyal furry friend, so we came up with the perfect ones, these cute DIY Piñata costumes!
Read Article: Fun Paper Bag Costume Ideas
There is something so fun about matching costumes, and something even more fun about matching your best four-legged friend! These DIY Piñata costumes are the best and most colorful and fun Halloween costume DIY, plus it’s so easy ANYONE could make it.
There are only a couple simple supplies and a few easy steps that you need to make this DIY piñata costume.
- Felt – Various Pinata Colors
- Hot Glue
- Foam Cone
- First, you want to start by cutting 2.5-inch strips of your sheet of felt. Make sure to cut lengthways for maximum coverage. Trust me it saves time.
- Next cut 0.5-inch to 1.0-inch slits halfway up into the felt strips. To create a fun fringe look.
- Take your shirt and layout each strip and apply a thin layer of hot glue to attach to the shirt.
- To make the horns, use the same concept by wrapping each fringe layer around the cone. Use hot-glue to secure them to the foam cone.
- Secure the horns to a headband to make the perfect pinata costume topper.
- When making your dogs costume, sizing can be difficult. Lucky for us, this pooch is a big fella so he fit into a human shirt. But I recommend using a shirt made for dogs. I would also say it would be a good idea to size up. When you apply the strips to hot glue it doesn’t allow the shirt to stretch any longer, making fitting your pooch into the outfit a little more difficult.
- For your pinata costume, I would suggest just doing applying your fringe strips to the front of your costume. This helps it not feel so stiff and boxy.
- If you don’t want to use hot glue, iron-on tape to attach your fringe strips.
This Pinata DIY costume is so fun and the perfect Halloween DIY, here are a few more of our favorite DIY’s for the season.
- These not so scary cakes are a great mix of spooky and spectacular.
- Fun Nail Polish Marble Pumpkins.
- A Yummy Pumpkin Crumble Recipe.
You can make them some super cute and totally stylish DIY Dog Collars too! Now it’s time to trick-or-treat with you and your pup!
(Photos & Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray).