Inside: A DIY Birthday Banner Template
Celebrate any birthday bash and say hooray with this DIY birthday banner template! All you need is some colorful felt, a sharpie and a bit of tracing skill you can say hooray, hurrah or happy birthday in a festive and graphic way. We firmly believe that adding a fun banner to any bash can turn it into one heck of a celebration, that and a good balloon installment!
DIY Birthday Banner
We love this fun birthday bunting banner template! It is so simple to make and add that fun festive flair to any celebration! We used this “Hooray” banner to celebrate a fun birthday! With our easy banner template, you can add a little more fun to any party! We love a good banner here at A Subtle Revelry if you couldn’t tell by these tasty banner cookies or this “I love you” banner!
How to Make this DIY Birthday Banner
To make the hooray DIY birthday banner you need:
- A piece of paper size felt for each letter
- Print out of our DIY birthday banner template
- Thick black marker
- Tracing paper
- First, use a piece of paper size felt for each letter and cut out triangle shapes in varying sizes.
- Print out the hand letter hooray birthday banner template right here.
- Using a thick black marker and tracing paper, trace the hand font letters onto your banner. Fill in as needed with the sharpie.
- Attach the banner with glue to a length of ribbon.
I love the look of the DIY birthday banner done sideways and vertical, but you could easily trace the letters for a more traditional horizontal banner hanging.
More Fun Birthday Party Ideas
We love celebrating birthdays, here are a few more fun DIY birthday party ideas that go perfectly with this DIY birthday banner!
Let us know what your favorite birthday decorations are! We love seeing how you celebrate!
Collaboration for this DIY birthday banner was done with my friend Brody, who is an amazing hand font illustrator. Photography was done for A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland.