Decorating cakes is obviously one of my favorite things to do – especially with text! There is something about a cake talking that is so much fun. For the Big Game this year I thought it would be fun to make miniature cakes to serve that have a little football encouragement involved. Can’t Stop… Won’t Stop + some sprinkles! Now that’s a football party I can get behind.
To create this look for the Big Game (or any party) without professional baking skills, I have a sneaky trick that makes these cakes the easiest to decorate ever. My favorite thing about this decorating trick is that it is so easy even the kids can help. Use the sticker text decorating idea for everything from birthdays to serious national football holidays, for flawless cakes that only take you a minute.
The trick is to use stickers to decorate the cakes!
Not to worry it is totally food safe. Here’s how I do it…
To create the look you’ll need:
- Letter printed stickers – I often find great options in the dollar section, or for the larger prints look in the poster board-making aisle, or in the boat decal aisle at a local home improvement store
- Parchment baking paper
- Cakes covered in easy to make Daisy Sour Cream Frosting
How to decorate a cake with stickers
1. Start by adhering each sticker onto a length of parchment baking paper and cut to size.
2. After the letters are cut they can go directly on the cakes with ease and make the whole saying food safe! Note* the top sticker is still not edible, so be sure to remove all print before eating the cakes.
3. Finish off with sprinkles and simple details for a graphic punch in support of the home team.
These miniature cakes are some of my favorite to serve at a party. Each 5-inch cake serves 2-4 guests and is a fun way to make a dessert table festive and fun.
To make the mini-cakes bake your favorite cake recipe in miniature cake pans, stack, and frost.
For the easy to whip up sour cream frosting you will need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Daisy Sour Cream Squeeze Bottle
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. In large mixing bowl combine butter, sour cream, and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds. The Daisy Sour Cream NEW Squeeze Bottle is perfect for getting this recipe whipped up quick without a mess. My kids always want to be a part of the cake baking process, and now with the Daisy Sour Cream NEW Squeeze Bottle it is so easy to include them. I have them be in charge of squeezing in the most important ingredient and they leave the counter without a sticky hand in site. Such a great mom win!
2. Add in powdered sugar and beat well. Thin with milk as needed to get the right consistency. Makes enough to cover about 3 miniature cakes.
This post is brought to you by Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream. Squeeze more out of the Big Game with a #DollopOfDaisy.