Inside: The cutest, creepiest candy spiders.
Things are getting creepy around here with these wildly cute and a little creepy candy spiders. These spiders are so fun to make for lunchbox treats, classroom parties, or just a little spooky surprise for your little one.
These crazy little candy spiders were so fun to make and they are the PERFECT little DIY to make with the kids! They will LOVE them.
How to Make a Candy Spider
To make these creepy candy spiders you will need just a few things:
- Bite-Sized Candy Bars – Butterfinger is our favorite!
- Fun Colored Paper
- White Paper
- A Large Round Paper Punch – I used a 1.5in
- A Small Round Paper Punch – I used a 0.75in
- Black Marker
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Pipe Cleaners
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”YgNyIHIx” upload-date=”2019-10-08T18:43:43.000Z” name=”Candy Spiders” description=”Creepy spider candy for Halloween fun!”]
To Make your Candy Spiders:
- First, you want to start by cutting out one large circle for the body and two smaller circles for the eyes.
- Next, use your marker to draw small circles to create the spider eyes.
- Set aside your circles and grab your pipe cleaners. Cut two pipe cleaners in half, and cut a small piece to twist the legs together.
- Lay the 4 halved pipe cleaners together, then use your smaller piece to and twist around the middle of the pipe cleaners.
- Bend the tips of each leg down.
- Take your hot glue and attach your legs to the bottom of your candy, then attach the larger circle to the top to create a body. Then attach each smaller circle to create the eyes!
Spider Web Candy Dish
To make these fun spider web candy dishes you will need:
- A Web Template – I just printed out a google image and used my Exacto to create a template
- Polymer Clay
- Exacto Knife
- Rolling Pin
- Oven Safe Bowl
These Spider Web Candy Dishes are the perfect little place to keep your creepy candy spiders. Here is how to make them:
- First, roll out your polymer clay.
- Then use your web template and Exacto knife to cut out the web.
- Next, lay your spider web over the bottom of an oven-safe bowl, then bake according to the instructions on the package.
- Let cool, then fill full of yummy Halloween candy!
More Spooky and Fun DIY’s
There are so many different fun things about Halloween time, from costumes to spooky treats here are a few of our favorites:
We hope you love these creepy little candy spiders and the fun twist they take on a seriously spooky season. Let us know in the comments what your favorite Halloween candy is.
(Photos & Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray).